Rhapsody of Oblivion

A thousand thousand nights
I've lain here
In this silvery pool of love,
Of hate and resentment

A thousand thousand days
I've wandered
Through this shining void of desire,
Of lust for revenge and destruction

A thousand thousand steps
I've taken
Within this vortex of thoughts,
Of emotion and wishes

A thousand thousand dreams
I've had
In this shell that once was my heart
Dreams of life, of death and existence

A thousand thousand pleas
I've cried
Into an eternity of nothing,
Of absolution and cast iron chains

One more night in this world
And I will break
Into a thousand thousand pieces
From all the pain and sorrows

One more day in this world
And I will shatter
Into a thousand thousand shards
From all the beauty and hope

One more step in this world
And I will fracture
Into a thousand thousand shreds
From all the pressure and watching eyes

One more dream in this world
And I will burst apart
Into a thousand thousand remnants
From all the darkness and light

One more plea in this world
And I will tear
Into a thousand thousand fragments
From all the fear and passion

Yet here I shall remain
For a thousand thousand years
As I have for all time
My curse of past, present, and future

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destitution's Defender

Operatic Death

Phantom Delirium